Established September 1945

Southwest Lincoln County Water District (SWLCWD) is a Municipal Water District located within a 1 1/2 by 8 mile strip of land along Highway 101 between the Cities of Waldport and Yachats.

The District takes water from four separate sources located on Dicks Fork, Big Creek, Vingie Creek and Starr Creek.  Each is the culmination of surface waters within separate watersheds situated within the Siuslaw National Forest.

Our mission at Southwest Lincoln County Water District is to provide clean, safe drinking water delivered to your home.  We are committed to ensuring quality drinking water and excellent service.  The District has also developed a Watershed Protection Plan that outlines how the District will assure that the Water District’s raw water sources are not comprised or polluted.  Federal and State laws require the District to routinely monitor the water we furnish for 79 possible contaminants. Your water meets or exceeds all federal and state requirements.

A water quality report (CCR) is designed to inform you about the quality of the water the District delivers to you every day. You can find our water quality report at

There has been much media attention lately to homes, businesses and schools testing at lead levels above estimated standards.  The lead and copper levels in the District’s water are so low as to be deemed undetectable.  The water delivered to you by the District is among the purest of any supplier in the State of Oregon.

However, if your residence or business was constructed before or around 1985 and the plumbing lines and fixtures have not been upgraded to meet current plumbing standards, the District recommends you consider having your water tested by an analytical water laboratory.  Home kits are available, but not always reliable.  If you would like a list of professional testers, please phone our office at 541-547-3315.  We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Detailed information about water contaminants and potential health effects can be obtained by calling the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline (1-800-426-4791), or you can visit

The Water District’s distribution system is in very good condition.  All leaks discovered are repaired immediately.  We ask that you use your water responsibly and report any possible leaks.

Your District is equipped to handle any emergency situation, whether it be a power outage or a large scale disruption in service.  The District is prepared to do all it can to ensure that water can be quickly and safely restored to you in any such circumstance.

Learn more by attending a regularly scheduled Board Meeting.  They are held the second Wednesday of every month at 10 a.m. at the District Office, which is located at 7740 Highway 101 North.